Virtual Book Tours, Music, and Free Books!

Disclaimer: Today, this is more of a music/book blog than a food blog; I’m in the middle of a virtual book tour, loving today’s stop at BooksChatter, and want to share with you the great job they do incorporating playlists into the tour.

IMG_9171

Squash Blossoms, too, were an inspiration.

I shared with them the songs that inspired me while writing the novel, SIMMER AND SMOKE, and they compiled a playlist after my interview. And that first song–Ella Mae; I must have listened to it a zillion times while writing the book. I still cry every time I hear it. Click the BooksChatter link, scroll down and listen–if you like folk music, it’s the first song on the list.

News: My agent, Wendy Sherman, called last week with a book deal from Lake Union Publishing, they want to buy Simmer and Smoke and give me an advance to write a second book within the year. Lake Union is one of Amazon Publishing House’s latest imprints.

IMG_3306I’ve had the door slammed in my face for years trying to sell this book. I’m very grateful. (Maybe winning 1st Place Fiction in the 2015 Royal Dragonfly awards had something to with it.) But my advise to anyone involved in any creative endevor is to follow your heart, massaging, pampering and loving your baby even if no one looks at it but you.

So to celebrate and spread my gratitude, I’m giving a free kindle edition of the book away to anyone who’d like a copy. No scam. No selling your e-mail address to anyone, I promise. (Notice the lack of ads and solicitations on this blog?) Just comment below that you’d like one. Wednesday, January 27, will be the last day I’ll distribute the freebies.

IMG_4062

More Recipes Filed Under "My Projects"

20 Responses to Virtual Book Tours, Music, and Free Books!

1. Debbie says:

Did you really send this email at 3am?

• Peggy says:

Heavens no! WordPress lets you schedule your blogs to go out whenever you want them too. I’m just trying to impress….(-:

Will touch base next week to give your book! Thanks for the comment, Debbie!

2. Maureen Harding says:

Would love a kindle copy. Own the hard copy, but would like the kindle edition!

• Peggy says:

Maureen, it will be my pleasure to gift you a copy. Could you e-mail me within the week at peggylampman@me.com and in the e-mail header box put “gift”? That way I can send the book directly to your kindle.

Thank you for buying the book, BTW! Peggy

3. Patricia Shalis says:

I would like a kindle copy of Simmer and Smoke. I can’t tell from your blog if it’s a novel or a cookbook, but it doesn’t matter. I’ve been following you ever since you did the daily recipe for an entire year the first year of MLive. Whatever you’ve written, I’m interested in reading!

• Peggy says:

Thank you so much for that, Patricia. Ah…the good ole’ days on Ann Arbor.Com and MLive! That was fun but writing books is more fun!

SIMMER AND SMOKE is a food-centric novel that includes recipes in the back. It’s about single mother, from rural Georgia, with dreams of becoming a chef, and a food-writer from Atlanta who just lost the love of her life.

I hope you will enjoy the read. Could you e-mail me within the week at peggylampman@me.com and in the e-mail header box put “gift”? That way I can send the book directly to your kindle.

4. Kathy Barker says:

Peggy,
    Of course I want a free copy! I can’t wait to read it because I have always enjoyed your blog!

5. Betty W says:

I’d love to read your book and thank you for your generosity. I noticed your response to other comments so I’ll send you an email with gift in the header.

6. Conrad M says:

A;lways enjoyed your recipes, Peggy. We archive recipes on our kitchen computer and a goodly fraction of them are yours! I’m intrigued by what your book might be like. So, yes, I’d like a free copy.

• Peggy says:

Thank you, Conrad. I’m glad you have enjoyed the recipes and it will be my pleasure gifting you a copy of the novel; it’s food centric and you may find it an enjoyable read. Send me an e-mail. Just send me an e-mail with the word “gift” in the header box; I will send it to you later in the month. Cheers! Peggy

• Peggy says:

Oops Conrad. Trying to organize and deleted your e-mail inadvertently. Could you please resend?

• Conrad M says:

As you requested, I’m resending my comment:
        Always enjoyed your recipes, Peggy. We archive recipes on our kitchen computer and a goodly fraction of them are yours! I’m intrigued by what your book might be like. So, yes, I’d like a free copy.

• Peggy says:

I’m a goofus, Conrad, that’s clear! Look forward to seeing your e-mail to me @peggylampman@me.com with the word, “gift” in the message box. Peggy

7. Tim R says:

I’d love a Kindle copy of your book!!!

8. Sally McAlinden says:

Hi Peggy, Arlene Taylor & I share a kindle account and we’d love to ready your book. Please advise.

• Peggy says:

I would be delighted to send you a Kindle version of my book, Sally! Just fire me an e-mail with the word “gift” in the subject line to: peggylampman@me.com. You’ll have it toward the end of the month.

Cheers! Peggy

I welcome your comments!(This site was recently transferred but, unfortunately, I did not have privileges to include past comments. I would love to see a conversation started!)